Wednesday, March 28, 2007



Kia Ora!

It's been too long since I've contacted most of you, but time has flown. I can't believe we've been here 2 months! The first two weeks were busy finding a place to live and getting oriented in Wellington. We found a cute flat half way up Mt. Victoria, overlooking the city center. Great views, but we have to walk to school uphill both ways in the wind (luckily there's no snow, just lots and lots of wind).





Here's the view from our flat. The tall tower
is the north side of my campus, Massey University. David is at Victoria University, which is much farther away, just to the right of those distant hills.










Now that we've mostly settled in, David and I are busy at school... although our classes only meet once a week. Our flat has quickly filled with papers and books to be read and critiqued, so when it gets overwhelming we head to the beach.















15 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous pictures! I wish I were there to smell the flowers. I am in Greeley, CO and all I smell is cow shit! I love and miss you!

Unknown said...

Molly, its great to hear from you and as you've been anxious about not writing, we've all been anxiously awaiting news! The pics are great and the flowers are beautiful. I can smell 'em here - no "shit" in Chicago,lol. Can't wait to hear from you again soon! Love you both!

Unknown said...

Molly, why Kia Ora? Whats the source of the name?

Unknown said...

Molly, great pix. gale force winds, wow! I will have to worry about my hat, but not my do. Send pictures of the sunsets. We all want to see! Luckily in Santa Fe I am smelling flowers too and not Bernadette's cow shit! I send my love to You and David too by gale force wind!

Unknown said...

Annie,
I love and miss you!

James said...

Great to hear from you and great pictures. Now I'm inspired to start a blog and post some photos.

I know you're swamped now but you and David will no doubt triumph-you always do. Lots of love

Molly said...

It's great hearing from everyone. Hope to have more photos soon, once my semester project is over (2 weeks). Kia Ora is a Maori greeting. It means 'be well' and is used for saying both hello and goodbye. It is about the only Maori phrase I can pronounce since the Maori language is not spelled phonetically and no one seems to agree on pronunciation.

Anonymous said...

Molly,
So glad to hear from you. We smell freshly spread mulch - not a whole lot better than Bernadette's cow shit! At least the mulch smell will go away!!!!!
We miss you, but are glad to hear you are having a good experience. We look forward to more pics - more exotic ones, too.
Love you.

Molly said...

Still great hearing from everyone. I hope to respond more personally once the semester is over. Just 10 more days to finish my semester project and write a 3000 word essay. Of course I haven't left it all to the last minute, lol.

Unknown said...

You are a dork! I am sitting here writing a 20 page research proposal and a conference paper that is all due tomorrow. :) As you can see, I am working hard on it. I love and miss you!

James said...

Hi - I guess you're through with the semester by now and are detox mode. Hope you get to see some interesting places and have some fun. I love you and miss you very much.

Unknown said...

Molly & David,
How are things going? I have not heard from you, so I thought that I would remind you that I am here. :) Miss you! I am researching and taking classes, does that sound familiar?

Molly said...

The semester is done and I have tried avoiding the world for awhile, which involves lots of reading for fun because it's wet and windy in Welly. David and I are going to the South Island for a few days starting tomorrow. After we return I'll post more photos up on the blog. I've lots of stuff I meant to update but never got around to. I miss you all very much. David and I making plans to visit the States- we're thinking November. I'll keep y'all posted.

Unknown said...

More great pix and text too! I can see why you are both ooooohhhhhing and aaaaahhhhhing. It is really great seeing pictures of you both in your new natural habitat.

I can see David is having fun with his new furry friends. Did you find a way around the pet adoption home visit?

So sorry to hear you are cold. Of course Santa Fe is warm and sunny every day with just enough rain and wind to keep it comfortable.

Do keep us all posted about your November plans. Can't wait to squeeze you. Much love to you both! I miss you like crazy!

Bernadette I miss you too and love you too! :) Call me 505-989-3743

James said...

Molly - I've been pouring over the photos again and again--makes it all seem real. What a thrill to hear your voice on the radio--I think it's great that you are doing a show--and a cool playlist.
Some of this I sent in by e-amil to masali.ti but I don't know if you got it. Am looking at getting a calling card so we can talk--seems to be the only way. Love you and miss you very much.